The C-Factor Zone
Vitamin C ******Purchase High Quality Vitamin C. Click Here******
- Supports Endothelial function & protects the heart. The causes of artery damage e.g. smoking, junk food, hypertension, thin the inner layers of arteries. Vitamin C can help protect the inner artery layers.
- Can assist in lowering Coronary Artery Disease.
- When combining Vitamin C with B-Complex vitamins, they can lower levels of Homocysteine. Homocysteine is one of the leading causes of heart attacks when the amount doubles.
- Vitamin C can cause vasodilation (increase blood vessel size). This leads to relaxation, blood-flow increase, and lower blood pressure. Vitamin C is a precursor (causes production) to Nitric Oxide (NO2). Nitric Oxide causes vasodilation which results in lower blood pressure.
- A minimum of 1000mg/day is recommended for optimal health; however, some individuals may need more. Studies illustrate the R.D.A. allowance is not sufficient (60mg). This is part of the reason why taking Vitamin C from food is not sufficient.
- Vitamin C creates Collagen. Collagen is responsible for hair, nails, skin, and bone structures such as the Vertebrae.
- Vitamin C supplementation with Quercetin prolongs the benefits according to studies.
- Studies illustrate the benefits of Vitamin C for cancer patients. Chemotherapy destroys cancer cells and immune cells. Vitamin C can help maintain a patient's immune system.
*A. M.Brown, Ph.D. (2008). Perspectives in Exercise Nutrition - Class Notes. Retrieved from A. M.Brown, Ph.D, Perpectives in Exercise Nutrition, California State University East Bay.
*Altern Med Rev. 2003 Nov;8(4):359-77.
Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.